June 26, 2012

Happy 40th Birthday to Very Hungry Caterpillar



The Very Hungry Caterpillar - B



I actually met Eric Carle about 15 years ago.

He looked like a fun Grandpa then and he still does.

I have a picture of the two of us in my 

autographed copy of A Very Hungry Caterpillar.


His board books were the first books 

that I bought for my grandchildren.


Board books are great!

They are small enough to fit in small hands 

and they cannot be destroyed.


I love all of Eric Carle's books.

There is always a surprise inside!



Here's a great video featuring Eric Carle, author and 

illustrator, talking about his classic book, 

The Very Hungry Caterpillar.



1 comment:

  1. I will be doing a ocean theme this year for my second grade class. What do you do with your bulletin board with the fish? Please email me back at ljwl34@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete