July 8, 2010

Question of the Day





Start the day with a question.  This is a great way to involve the kids at the very beginning of the day.  They vote as they enter the classroom in the morning. 


Create a "T" chart using colored tape on a metal surface like a file cabinet.  (This chart is made on magnetic receptor paper that means this vinyl paper attacts magnets. It has adhesive on the back so you can attach it to any surface.   If you want to know more about it let me know at tommie.netzer@creativeteaching.com .) 


At the top of each column place the words "yes" or "no".  Each morning display a question.  The pieces in this picture are from CTP 1541 Round-up Stick Kids but any pictures could be added to make the graph more interesting.  The cowgirl is attached to the chart with magnets so it can be changed easily. Since I am from Texas I particularly like this bulletin board!  


The children place their magnetic names in the correct column to answer the question.  For the names place craft magnets on the back of the bulletin board pieces with glue dots.  Glue dots hold really well to anything....no waiting for glue to dry either.  I love them!


The cowgirl is holding a speech bubble (with a magnet on the back) with the qustion of the day,
"Have you ever been to a rodeo?"
It looks as if most of this class has.


Other questions of the day might be....
  • Do you have a brother? / sister?
  • Do you like pepperoni pizza?
  • Have you ever taken a trip on an airplane?
  • Are you wearing red today?

Any question that can be answered with "yes" or "no" will work.


Here is the question for you to ask yourself each day.  "Are you having fun?"  If the answer is "No" ask yourself, "What can I do to make this a fun day for me and my kids?" 






1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I teach Sunday school and I could come up with some great "churchy" questions. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete